Professional Weather Station
- Local weather station equipment is La Crosse WS-3610 Professional Weather Station with Weather Underground HeavyWeather Uploader (WUHU), HeavyWeather Publisher and Virtual Weather Software
- All weather related data and images update every 10 minutes
- Outdoor sensors (rain, wind, temperature and humidity) located on "Mother-In-Law" Room
- Having problems with your La Crosse WS-3610 using HeavyWeatherPro? So did I! I have developed a detailed, easy to follow procedure that allows you to substitute WUHU (it's Freeware) for the HeavyWeatherPro/Beta Software. If you have experienced these type of problems, you can download this procedure and give it a try (it sure worked for me).
- View current Sierra Vista Personal Weather station data on:
Sierra Vista AZ 5-Day Weather and UV Forecast
Lightning Detection Equipment
- Lightning Equipment is Boltek PCI StormTracker Lightning Detector with Astrogenic Systems NexStorm Software (uploads every minute) and GlobalSat BU-353 Water-Proof USB GPS Receiver.
- If the following Java Window does not display the data (your system does not support java), then click Lightning Image to display a jpg image of the lightning activity (uploads every 2 minutes). This image is set to autorange from 750 miles to 16 miles. So if there is lightning close in - this image will show more detail. Great for the local residence and those far away!
- View current Sierra Vista live lightning strikes on:
StormVue NGX Adobe Flash Display (user controllable display modes)
StormVue Java Display (user controllable range/loop)
Starting with Java 7 Update 51, java no longer supports running of unsigned java applets, and unfortunately Astrogenic has told us that it is cost prohibitive to add a digital
signature to the StormVue applet. If you get an "Application Blocked by Security Settings" error loading the page, you can still display the lightning display on your browser by changing the Java security settings in the Java Control Panel to
medium (not recommended) or by adding http://www.lightningring.com/ to the exceptions list and leaving the security level at "high"(recommended).
Complete instructions are provided at this Java Settings page.
Arizona/SE AZ/Sierra Vista NEXRAD Radar
- Use controls on screen to zoom, animate, add warnings and other features. From Weather Underground (click for their advanced radar page).
SE Arizona NOAA MP3 Audio Stream
- Listen to the 162.55 MHz NOAA KXI24 Safford Weather rebroadcast in MP3 format streaming audio on the internet.
- Listen to the 162.40 MHz NOAA WXL30 Tucson Weather rebroadcast in MP3 format streaming audio on the internet.
- Receiving equipment is two Midland WR-30 Weather Radios with two outside VHF/UHF antennas into two Compaq Presario laptops for upload of the audio stream to the internet 24/7.
- A listing of NOAA Weather audio streams is available from Wunderground and also from NOAA.
PDA Animated Weather (PAW)
- These are cool and load really fast! PDA friendly weather contains real-time images, graphics and text formated for display on PDA devices equiped with high resolution color displays.
- Content, includes composite weather radar and satellite images with graphical overlay of observed and predicted data, and can be viewed and controlled using your web micro-browser.
- Select from predefined geographical regions and control data type, animation, zoom and roam. Click PAW Website for details.
- Actual interactive panes are provided below. Note that the functions in the frame work as they do on your PDA (grayed out buttons are not available). Go ahead and play with them, just remember that your browser back function will return to the previous panel selection you made (so it may take a number of clicks to get back to your previous page).
Global Drought Monitor
- Map provides current single month drought conditions for the world, updated the 16th of each month.
- Complete Global Drought information with interactive map available at ULC Global Drought Monitor web site.
World Satellite (mouse over thumbnail to display larger image)
- Global Satellite images from SSEC Web Site
World UV 4-Day Forecast
- The forecast map shows contour lines of predicted UV Index values during the solar noon hour for today. Click the buttons to show UV Index forecasts for Day 2 (tomorrow), Day 3, or Day 4. You may notice a brief delay as each map loads.
- To find the time of solar noon at your location, use the sunrise-sunset-solar noon calculator at the NOAA Web site.
Current Sea Temperatures
Latest Earthquakes Around the World
Average Temperature, Rain, Sunshine, and Climate for the World (mouse over thumbnail to display larger image)
Webcams (mouse over thumbnail to display larger image)
- Outside Webcam West Sony Wireless 30 infrared LED Day/Night CCD Cam w/2.4 GHz RX
- Outside Webcam North 802CWAN Wireless 30 infrared LED Day/Night CMOS Cam w/RC100A Wireless RX
- Inside Webcam East 802C Wired 30 infrared LED Day/Night CMOS Cam
- Outside Webcam South Sony Wireless 30 infrared LED Day/Night CCD Cam w/2.4 GHz RX
- All cameras on 24/7 and update to the servers every 10 minutes
- Software is Active Web Cam. Note that during the day the sun may wash the images, and during monsoon's (Jul-Sep) the North camera experience condensation from the heavy rainfall.
- Click to view all cams at Wunderground Web Cam, where you can select and play 24 hours of video for any of the last 30 days.
- Click to view current World Web Cam.
Weather Station Pictures
WS-3610 Weather Station w/Compaq Presario Computer, WR-30 Receivers, and Boltek Lightning Detector
Ham Radio Operations and Equipment