Weather information is now on multiple pages for faster loading
- Use the buttons at the top and bottom of the page to navigate, or use the following link:
- For US Satellite, Drought, UV, Stream Flow, Earth Quake, Wild Fire, and PDA weather information click here
Professional Weather Station
- Local weather station equipment is La Crosse WS-3610 Professional Weather Station with Weather Underground HeavyWeather Uploader (WUHU), HeavyWeather Publisher and Virtual Weather Software
- All weather related data and images update every 10 minutes
- Outdoor sensors (rain, wind, temperature and humidity) located on "Mother-In-Law" Room
- Having problems with your La Crosse WS-3610 using HeavyWeatherPro? So did I! I have developed a detailed, easy to follow procedure that allows you to substitute WUHU (it's Freeware) for the HeavyWeatherPro/Beta Software. If you have experienced these type of problems, you can download this procedure and give it a try (it sure worked for me).
- View current Sierra Vista Personal Weather station data on:
Sierra Vista AZ 5-Day Weather and UV Forecast
Lightning Detection Equipment
- Lightning Equipment is Boltek PCI StormTracker Lightning Detector with Astrogenic Systems NexStorm Software (uploads every minute) and GlobalSat BU-353 Water-Proof USB GPS Receiver.
- If the following Java Window does not display the data (your system does not support java), then click Lightning Image to display a jpg image of the lightning activity (uploads every 2 minutes). This image is set to autorange from 750 miles to 16 miles. So if there is lightning close in - this image will show more detail. Great for the local residence and those far away!
- View current Sierra Vista live lightning strikes on:
Arizona/SE AZ/Sierra Vista NEXRAD Radar
- Use controls on screen to zoom, animate, add warnings and other features. From Weather Underground (click for their advanced radar page).
SE Arizona NOAA MP3 Audio Stream
- Listen to the 162.55 MHz NOAA KXI24 Safford Weather rebroadcast in MP3 format streaming audio on the internet.
- Listen to the 162.40 MHz NOAA WXL30 Tucson Weather rebroadcast in MP3 format streaming audio on the internet.
- Receiving equipment is two Midland WR-30 Weather Radios with two outside VHF/UHF antennas into two Compaq Presario laptops for upload of the audio stream to the internet 24/7.
- A listing of NOAA Weather audio streams is available from Wunderground and also from NOAA.
SE Arizona Monsoon Rainfall Totals, Dewpoint (by month)
- Graph below provides the official 2105 monsoon rainfall totals against the 30 year average across southeast Arizona by city, updated weekly. Complete SE Arizona Monsoon information available at the NOAA Tucson Monsoon Tracker web site.
- Graph below provides the official 2014 monsoon rainfall totals against the 30 year average across southeast Arizona by city.
- Graph below provides yearly totals and average monsoon rainfall since 2007 at my weather station in Canyon De Flores. Jun-Sep timeframe used for all years.
- Charts for the official 2015 monsoon daily average surface dewpoint at Tucson Int'l Airport for the season, and for each month (June - Sept). Mouse over thumbnail to display image.
Webcams (mouse over thumbnail to display larger image)
- Outside Webcam West Sony Wireless 30 infrared LED Day/Night CCD Cam w/2.4 GHz RX
- Outside Webcam North 802CWAN Wireless 30 infrared LED Day/Night CMOS Cam w/RC100A Wireless RX
- Inside Webcam East 802C Wired 30 infrared LED Day/Night CMOS Cam
- Outside Webcam South Sony Wireless 30 infrared LED Day/Night CCD Cam w/2.4 GHz RX
- All cameras on 24/7 and update to the servers every 10 minutes
- Software is Active Web Cam. Note that during the day the sun may wash the images, and during monsoon's (Jul-Sep) the North camera experience condensation from the heavy rainfall.
- Click to view south cam at Wunderground Web Cam, where you can select and play 24 hours of video for any of the last 30 days.
Weather Station Pictures
WS-3610 Weather Station w/Compaq Presario Computer, WR-30 Receivers, and Boltek Lightning Detector
Ham Radio Operations and Equipment